Friday, February 15, 2013

I have never been more excited...

TO PUT MAKE UP ON!

I'm heading out with the family tonight to eat supper. Putting on make up and getting dressed up in 15 minutes:) Holla holla. I'm ready to see the world! 
Gosh, if you're just reading, I have not been locked up for a year. I have been forced on the couch for a day. 

Since I can't workout and run right now, I want you guys to!! If you have a tough speed workout, be mentally tough and focus. Here are some of my tips to get through a tough speed workout (mile repeats, intervals, sprinting, stair running, hill sprints)

1. Really focus on what you're doing.
Sometimes I even take my music out of my ears or don't even bring it with me. I focus on my form when it starts to really hurt. It gets my mind off of "OMG my legs are burning and my lungs are on fire" to pump these arms and just stay relaxed!
2. Know steady and challenging. At first.
DO NOT start your speed workout too fast. DO NOT go out and run a 5:30 mile and slow down each mile after that, for example. Start off a tad challenging and end with flames coming out of your butt! Finish STRONG. So relax and focus at the beginning of your workout and torwards the end, give it your all.
3. Have a mantra.
I always have three words I repeat to myself: "I am strong." Choose powerful words to keep you going. BE STRONG!
  4. Remember what you're there for.
When the going gets tough, I know, it is so easy to give up and I have many MANY MANY times. But you WILL NOT regret getting through the workout. Remember what you're training for, remember your goal! Know how crushed you will be if you don't reach it because you gave up on THIS WORKOUT. Keep fighting!
5. Split it up.
If you are doing 400 mile repeats, split the track into 100 meters. Each 100 have a different mantra OR each 100 focus on pumping your arms, Each 100 focus on long strides, next 100 focus on posture, and the last 100 focus on all of those! KEEP YOUR MIND BUSY as A BEE!

You can totally do it and I have faith in you!!!! Remember, you can do anything you put your mind to:)

Do you have a hard workout tonight? Did you already? What is your mantra?!

Favorite type of workout?
-Long runs. They hurt so good.

What are you looking forward to? Do you like dressing up and putting make up on, ladies?

    
     

No comments:

Post a Comment